Throughout his tenure at the firm, Andres has worked with several clients to secure significant policy provisions in priority legislation and he has drafted and shepherded a number of high profile bills into law, including measures that will raise millions of dollars for cities and counties.
Areas of policy expertise:
- Land Use
- Local Governance
- Assistant, Office of the Majority Leader, California State Senate
- Research Assistant, Department of Political Science, University of California Los Angeles
- Andres has worked to closely with Local Government clients to track their priority bills and navigate through the legislative process, develop advocacy strategies and tools, provide expert analysis, testify in committee hearings, and help amend legislation to address client needs. Additionally, Andres has helped connect several clients with key State and Federal officials to explore new funding opportunities and develop strategic partnerships to strengthen client relations in Sacramento and Washington, D.C.
- Andres worked with the Legislature and various stakeholders on Legislation to ensure that Local Governments had the ability to implement safe parking sites in a streamlined manner, alleviating procedural strain on City Staff and facilitating safe, organized, and clean lots benefitting local homeless populations and residents.
- Andres was an instrumental part of championing two legislative proposal which were signed by the Governor and increased county revenue in order to build out more efficient transportation infrastructure and reduce regional traffic. Additionally, Andres worked as part of the coalition effort to pass a bill allowing special procedures for certification and expedited judicial review for a proposed baseball park and mixed-use development in the City of Oakland, via Assembly Bill 734 (Bonta).
University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science