Throughout his tenure at the firm, Sean has worked with our clients to advance their legislative and funding goals in Sacramento and Washington DC.
Areas of policy expertise:
- Foreign Policy
- Water and Sanitation
- Natural Resources
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Senior Policy Analyst, Orange County Health Authority (CalOptima)
- Liaison, House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Legislative Assistant, Congressman Ed Royce (C-39), Washington, DC
- Staff Assistant, Congressman Ed Royce (C-39), Washington, DC
- Sean, alongside his TPA colleagues, helped the City of Costa Mesa secure approximately $80,000 in funding from the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program administered through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). This funding will go directly to the City’s Fire Department to provide first-responders with personal protective equipment (PPE) to safely respond to and serve local residents.
- Sean has helped secure approximately $500,000 in local funding for the City of Stanton’s Family Resource Center. This funding has helped the City meet its goals of providing after school programs, counseling, and case management services for low-income at-risk families. This funding has been critical in allowing the City to curb domestic violence and provide referral services for vulnerable residents.
Water and Sanitation:
- Leveraging his legislative and agency relationships, Sean helped secure $1.5 million in funding for Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District that has allowed the district to deploy a more effective water utility delivery system for its customers. This new system, which streamlines water meter readings and reduces costs, will allow the water district to increase its water savings while providing high-quality water resources for residents and businesses.
Recreation and Natural Resources:
- Utilizing his legislative and agency relationships, Sean assisted the City of Fullerton with securing approximately $1.6 million in Statewide Parks Program funding. The funds will go to renovation and improvements at Pearl Park located in a high-need disadvantaged community. The park improvements will create greater access to recreation opportunities and green space for the surrounding community.
- Sean helped connect several clients with key federal officials to explore new funding opportunities and develop strategic partnerships to strengthen client relations in Washington, D.C. Sean has also helped many of our clients identify new ways to expand their businesses. Sean has provided expert analysis and feedback on a variety of policy issues for our clients. He has played an integral role in bringing client concerns to the attention of decision makers in Sacramento while helping navigate the legislative process.
- Sean has worked with multiple city clients to draft, sponsor, and coordinate state legislation and legislative directed spending. Sean has worked with elected officials on the legislative process and ensuring that bill language reflects client objectives. Specifically, Sean has worked on housing regulatory policy and transportation issues to ensure cities are allotted their fair share of State funds.
California State University, Fullerton, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science